It is so super important to highlight and contour your face if you are a bride especially for your pictures. This is often so talked about but little understood. The key is to blend blend blend and use very little product. This technique creates a lot of dimension in your face which looks so gorgeous in photographs.
My Favorite Products in my kit for highlighting:
1) Liquid: Giorgio Armani Fluid Sheer #7
2) Liquid: Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizers (two shades lighter than your skin tone)
3) Liquid: Nars Illuminators
4) Liquid: Benefit High Beam
5) Liquid: Makeup Forever Uplight
6) Cream: MAC in Shell and Pearl
7) Powder: MAC Mineralize Skin Finishes
8 ) Powder: Nars Albatrose
My Favorite Products in my kit for Contouring:
1) Liquid: Giorgio Armani Fluid Sheer #3
2) Liquid: Makeup Forever HD Foundation (a color two shades darker than your skintone)
3) Liquid: If you love airbrushing then this is also a great way to contour using dark colors
4) Cream: Nars Multiple Bronzer
5) Powder: MAC Blunt
6) Powder: Nars Laguna
7) Powder: Chanel Bronze Universel
If you are unsure about all this, I would buy a kit that has both your highlighting and contouring color together such as Makeup Forever’s Sculpting kit or Smashbox Contour Kit. Trick: You can even create your own highlighter or contouring color at home by taking your favorite loose eyeshadow and mixing it with either a transluscent powder or a tinted moisturiser.
Here is a video for those of you that want to see how it’s done!
It’s raining in LA today, first time in months! But it’s back to scorching tomorrowyay!
Have a beautiful Wednesday,
Nicoletta Daskalakis is a Makeup Artist and Hairstylist based in Los Angeles, CA