Making a decision on where to have your wedding is the most fun part of all yet also the most important! If you are still undecided here are fabulous reasons on why you SHOULD have a destination wedding!
- Be Different. A destination wedding is always memorable and you can get your friends and family all excited to be in a beautiful new place and share new memories all together. I know my wedding is still talked about as being the most crazy… yet breathtakingly memorable for everyone.
- Save Money. Forget about having to buy decorations to make everything look amazing, the backdrop itself is enough. I remember picking flowers off the island and using the pebbles stones at the beach for my decorations – all free of charge!
- Enjoy quality time with everyone. A wedding day usually flies by after a few hours and then it’s over. With a destination wedding, your wedding party will usually stay with you for about 3 days and you can enjoy every minute of the festivities with them. The day after my wedding, I got to lie on the beach all day with my amazing friends and loved ones and chatted all about the wedding!!
- Captive Audience. I had my wedding in the south of Crete. There were no roads or cars, only a boat to take you to and from the main island. It’s so great to know exactly the number of people coming to both your ceremony and your reception and how to plan for it.
- Guest list is smaller. When I got married we had a budget and as much as I wanted to invite the whole world, it just costs too much. Having a destination wedding is a great excuse to limit the guestlist. Just think you can throw even more parties for those that couldn’t make it when you go home.
- You can start your honeymoon even earlier. You can already start relaxing once you feel the sand between your toes even before the pre-wedding celebrations take place.
- Sharing a place you both love. For my wedding I had it at a location in Crete that I have been in love with for many years, it’s where my now husband and I always seem to fall head over heels in love every time we are there. Part of the joy is showing off the place that has special meaning to you both
- Guests can save on location. There are always discounts for people traveling in large groups, they can save on hotels, boats rentals, airplane and even food.
- Celebrate with the locals. It touched my heart to see how everyone on the island joined in on all the action at my wedding. I have never been hugged, kissed and cheered for by so many people while I walked in my wedding dress along the beach. The tears started from there!
- No better atmosphere. The sound of the sea water lapping against the shore, the soft natural light of the early evening creates an atmosphere says ‘there is nothing more important in the world, at this moment, than the commitment that this couple is making’
Nicoletta Daskalakis is one of the top high profile makeup artists & hair stylists in the Los Angeles area. She is a certified makeup artist and hair stylist for bridal & wedding, fashion and editorial. Whether you are interested in wedding makeup services, bridal makeup or bridal hairstyling or even just interested in celebrity makeup and celebrity hairstyles and trend you’ve come to the right place to find out more!